Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: 4, 4, 4, 4 fav shit

Non-stop: This movie was definitely a stumbled upon gem. Probably the best part is that I LOVE Liam Neeson. A lot of people don’t like him saying he plays the same role over and over. But why not? Especially if he does it so good. Denzel pretty much falls into the same boat. The movies a action, mystery type movie and he’s a Air Marshall who has to figure out who on the plane he’s flying on is threaten to kill passengers if he doesn’t get money within a certain time frame. Good action, good twists, and great story line.

Bill Burr, I’m sorry you feel that way: This was a straight to Netflix standup comedy and holy shit. Talk about hilarious? I typically don’t find most comedians funny. I think it’s all repetitive shit that every else is on but Bill Burr omg. He has me cracking up. He talks about real shit. I can’t even think off the top of my head thinks to quote just go and watch. I promise you’ll be cracking up.

Gone Girl: CAN YOU SAY... BEST MOVIE I’VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME? I literally just watched this tonight and I’m in love. I’m actually going to go and re-watch it after I post this because it is long and you know there’s a lot you miss the first time around. I won’t spoil ANY bit of this but if you like movies that involve major twists, sociopaths, mindfucks, thrillers, and so on. GO AND WATCH.

300: rise of an empire: I got forced into watching this movie by my boyfriend & although I kept asking “WHATS THAT, WHOS THAT, WHY’D THEY DO THAT” I have to admit that it was a good movie. He tells me that the first one is way better and we’ll watch (I’ll push it off as much as I can). Or maybe I will give it a try lol I’m just typically a thriller type movie girl.

Tory Lanez - Lost Cause: Weird because I typically don’t like Toronto rappers. I KNOW I SHOULD SUPPORT LOCAL ARTISTS. My problem is that they all sound the exact same and their flow is typically irritating. But hearing Tory lanez (especially on slower songs) he kind of gives me a mash up Drake, PND, and weeknd in one. Typically on song “Selfish” was the reason I even gave the rest of the mix tape a listen and I was somewhat surprised. Not bad at all!

Jhene Aiko - Souled Out: Her voice just lifts my soul. She’s not the regular Beyonce or Alicia Keys sounding chick. I think that watch catches my ear most of all. Plus the way she has a way with lyrics and making you able to connect completely, it’s magic. It’s defiantly a play right through album.

Trey Song – Trigga: Smartphone’s is what made me even give this album a listen. I admit that I do skip over all the faster paced tracks because sometimes I just want that nice slow and full of emotion song. Seems like all songs are sounding the same and geared to the same audience. Can I get my REAL R&B back? For now I’ll deal with picking out the slow jams.

Joe Budden – Some Love Lost: This man is simply amazing. Even though half the time I’m listening to albums/mix tapes by him, I always get stuck on maybe one or two songs and have them on repeat forever. He has a way of speaking from my heart. The words I cannot find, he writes them and puts them to a smooth as beat. He’s so fucking dope.

Gotham: Can we just say most amazing TV series in a LONG while? I’m not even into comics (only batman really) but when I watched the first episode I knew something great was going to come from this. Penguin’s character alone was simply amazing. Currently on a TWO FUCKING MONTH BREAK. I know greatest is going to come back next week.

Stalker: It reminds me a lot of L&O: SVU so I guess that’s what really made me get into it. Fell off, then picked back up. Typical show where some episodes are better than others, not consistent but still good. Still one of the better shows to be out this year.

Luther: Not even sure when this Series aired but it was a gem me & my bf found on Netflix. It’s a crime show but its super fast paced (instead of lots of talking, boring scenes). The entire 1st season we were glued to the screen! Moving onto season 2 very soon!

The Walking dead: I have to admit it. I was one of those omg stfu with TWD because EVERYONE and their damn mama were talking about the show. But come every Sunday my bf was glued to watching it so I was like let me give this show a go. WHY DIDN’T ANYONE INFORM ME ON WHAT I WAS MISSING? I watched all the way from season 1 until now (not even going to mention the time frame because I did lose sleep tryna catch up). But these stop long breaks? NOT COOL. Great show.

PND – Recognize: It was one day with a YouTube playlist going and me, my sister, and my bf (not my bf at the time) were drinking and this song popped on and my bf was like THIS SONG IS FOR YOU! From there I was hooked. Especially with him constantly singing and sending me :
Fuck it girl, I'm 'bout whatever though
Yeah I guess a nigga just believe in you
And that's proof for you
Could name a lot of things any other man won't do for you
I'll do it for you, that's real


Ed Sheeran – Thinking out loud: I’m sure ANY female would want this song to be dedicated to them sometime in their relationship. This song is the ultimate love song and the music video just makes it THAT much better. It’s almost as if ever word is being acted out through dance in the video. Trust me, listen and watch. You’ll fall in love with it and dedicate it to the one you love ;).

Sam Smith – Not The Only One: This man’s VOICE. God. From first hearing “Stay” once I heard the beginning of this song, not even when the lyrics kicked in. I knew I was going to become obsessed with it. I’m actually going to go search for more songs by him because this man’s voice is just too perfect.

August Alsina – No Love: Wasn’t everyone in love with this song? The Lyrics are so damn relatable. This probably was on repeat for a few months during this year.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! No I definitely have to see gone girl!

    Happy new year <3

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your boyfriend, the first 300 was better. I think that's why Joe and I didn't finish the sequel. Idk, it was kind of slow for me. I saw and enjoyed Non Stop as well. I read the Gone Girl book, and I STILL don't know how I feel about the ending. Maybe that's why I've yet to see the film? Gotham... Oh man, I was hooked by the first episode lol. I love Batman, and this take on it is awesome. Especially how its backed up by the company that put the comics out. And TWD, talk about ending each season with a bang!

    ReplyDelete

Followers